November 9, 2017

We are continuously working on improving our robot and making the claw better. The code is updated in conjunction with the changes made. Thus far, the claw is more efficient and will hopefully allow us to pick up cones a lot faster than before. 

November 7, 2017

This week we need to work on making our robot more efficient since we have to pick up ten cones in one minute for the next challenge. We are working on changing the arm to be more stable and we are making the claw more straight-forward. Hopefully the code will be corrected and no ports or motor controllers malfunction. 

November 1, 2017

We have made several modifications to our robot, hopefully for the better. Also, we are updating the program to meet the needs of our newly improved robot. Soon, we will begin practicing so we can do much better on the upcoming challenge. Keep up the awesome work team! 

October 30, 2017

New quarter, new start, new challenge. Although we did not do too well on the first challenge, that is in the past. We are now working to compete in the second challenge. We have to place cones on a low post and cones on a high post each cone being worth 10 points. 

October 25, 2017

Today is challenge day (and the second to last day of the quarter)! Our robot is finally built and programmed and we are ready to compete! We also finished building the robot on SolidWorks (see below). Good job to everyone on building their robot!

October 24, 2017

The challenge is this Thursday and we are almost ready. We are just about done building the arm and programming the robot. The SolidWorks version will also be completed very soon. Good luck to everyone! (Just a reminder- the challenge is called VEX Cone Challenge if you would like to learn more about what it is we are doing)

October 19, 2017

The robot is due one week from today! We are now hyper focused on completing the program for our robot. The program is what allows the robot to move on its own during the autonomous period and control the robot using the remote controller. Also, we are almost done with the Solidworks version of our robot. We are almost there team!

October 17, 2017

This week we are still working on building our robot. We began programming and are continuing the SolidWorks version of our robot. As for the changes to our robot, we removed a support bar from the middle to allow more movement and ultimately help us in the challenges. 

October 13, 2017

Due to the air unit not working in the engineering room, we moved to another room and had to pause the building of our robot. However, we are back now and are continuing to complete our robot as we would like to start practicing lifting and carrying the cones. Also, we are still working on the SolidWorks version of our robot and hope to have it completed within the next two weeks, hopefully sooner. Keep up the great work team!

October 5, 2017

Since we were not in the engineering room Tuesday, not much has changed in the continuation and progress of our robot. However, since we wanted to increase the length to which our robot can reach when the arm is extended, we took it apart and rebuilt it. Before, the robot could reach a height of 21 inches. Now, it can reach a height of 26 inches. This will be very beneficial in the completion of the upcoming challenges. Also, we are working on the SolidWorks version of our robot. 

Please reload

January 26, 2018

January 24, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts
Archive
Please reload

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now